This part of the church dates from the late 19th century. The architects were the Lancaster firm Paley & Austin, who also designed the oak chancel screen and pulpit. The canopied wooden choir stalls are 19th century and the marble flooring was installed in 1910. The altar is the focal point of the church and is the place where the presence of Christ is celebrated in the sacrament of the Eucharist. The stained glass east window depicts Christ’s crucifixion.